All the Latest News from Swim Hellespont
- Have you registered for Hellespont 2013?
- February 11th, 2013
- Read More About Have you registered for Hellespont 2013?...
- Swimming the Hellespont | Richard Halliburton article
- February 2nd, 2013
- Read More About Swimming the Hellespont | Richard Halliburton article...
- A Hero’s Journey
- January 11th, 2013
Hero Melia is 14 and she loves setting herself challenges so she’s decided to swim the Hellespont in August 2013 in honour of her namesake.
- Read More About A Hero’s Journey...
- Hellespont Swim 2012 – Race Results
- October 4th, 2012
Here are the Hellespont Swim results for 2012.
More information can be found here.
- Read More About Hellespont Swim 2012 – Race Results...
- Hellespont Swim 2012 Photos
- October 3rd, 2012
View our Hellespont 2012 Flickr photo gallery
- Read More About Hellespont Swim 2012 Photos...
- Book Now for Hellespont 2012!
- November 23rd, 2011
Booking for Hellespont 2012 is now open!
Book your place now using this link
SwimTrek are the sole providers for all non-Turkish entries, so places are limited. Book now to guarantee you place!
- Read More About Book Now for Hellespont 2012!...
- 2011 Hellespont Race Results
- September 2nd, 2011
Congratulations to all the participants that took part in the 2011 Europe to Asia crossing. The provisional race results are now available to view and can be assessed HERE.
Please note that the race organisers, The Canakkale Rotary Club, have informed us that a number of swimmers are currently under review and a final list will be posted a soon as possible.
- Read More About 2011 Hellespont Race Results...
- SwimTrek is sole provider for all non-Turkish entries
- March 23rd, 2011
On the 25th February, the Çanakkale Rotary Club, official organisers of the Turkish Victory Day Hellespont Swim Race, announced that SwimTrek would be the exclusive provider for all non-Turkish swimmers for the upcoming 2011 event.
This is official recognition of SwimTrek’s deep links with the city of Çanakkale and the Hellespont swim crossing, an event that we have pioneered over the last 11 years.
Over 300 swimmers Turkish & international have already signed up for this historic and culturally significant event.
Places are limited so all interested parties are encouraged to book soon.
- Read More About SwimTrek is sole provider for all non-Turkish entries...
- ‘The Australian’ reports on Hellespont
- September 14th, 2010
On September 4th, 2010 ‘The Australian printed a great write up of our August Hellespont swim after one of their journalists, Andrew Fraser took part in the swim:
Different strokes mind the gap in Byron’s bay
From: The Australian
September 04, 2010
THE annual Hellespont swim in Turkey has been running for eight years and organiser Simon Murie, an Australian-born Briton who runs a company called SwimTrek, says conditions this week were easily the worst: 30-knot winds and choppy, swirling waters.
So how did I, an overweight 54-year-old journalist from Brisbane with no identifiable swimming prowess, find myself in the middle of the sea between Europe and Asia, gasping for air before being hit by the next wave and breast-stroking because freestyle involved taking in large amounts of water? Simply, this was a great adventure…
- Read More About ‘The Australian’ reports on Hellespont...
- August Hellespont Results Now Online
- September 2nd, 2010
We now have the full results from the Byron Bicentennial Swim that took place on August 30th online. If you want to see how you finished compared to people in your age category, how you faired overall or just want to know what your personal time was, you can view all of the results HERE
- Read More About August Hellespont Results Now Online...